What I LOVED
- Up until the twist this book is a 4 star. It was a quick and easy read that was hard to put down, I was hooked from the first chapter. It was an interesting case and I wanted to know more!
- I enjoyed the cat and mouse game between Robert and Gwen, attorney vs psychiatrist! And the way they analysed and tried to figure each other out.
- The part of the twist I did enjoy was the fact that:
What I didn’t enjoy. Immensely. (Sorry to be a negative nancy)
- The twist and ending. It essentially made me question the point of the whole book
- Robert. Where do I begin. His actions were in no way justified or plausible. I’ve got many points in the spoilers below!
- Gwen’s relationship to Rob. Despite being a psychiatrist, she was definitely not the sharpest when it came to Rob, how could she have possibly overlooked and accepted his actions?!
- This was such a short book and in hindsight I feel like there were some wasted pages.
Specific eyebrow raising moments – there’s a lot.
Overall this is a decent, quick and easy read. If you can suspend belief then easily a 4-5 star read.
I can suspend belief on crazy plots, but not so much on people’s actions.